Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 6 - 3/19/2013

Today in one word was HARD.  I never realized how much food was in my life.  Commercials on TV, School Events, Movies, and Dating.  I realized today that food is everywhere!  I mean everywhere.  Let me explain....

First off all I wasn't hungry at all today but the cravings were getting to me.

I started my day with my daily salt water flush.  I've now found that if I pour a glass of about 10 oz. I can down that glass pretty easily, if I stand up.   Then I wait a minute or two and re-pour until all 32 oz are gone. And I know it sounds crazy but standing up helps for some reason.  Whatever works, right?  (I have included the recipe for the flush at the bottom of this post).

I used the time waiting for the Flush to work to get ready for my date with my boyfriend.  Since he is a police officer who works nights and I am working from home right now we try to spend time together during the day on his days off, while our kids are at school.  Anyways, usually when I go down to his house we go out to lunch, well that was out, so we decided for the movies.  I thought it would be easily to go to the movies and not have to fight cravings.  Boy was I wrong.  I never realized how much it would take to walk by the concessions stand and not get popcorn.  Man that was hard!  But once I made it past the concessions stand the commercials before the previews were also torture.  Twizzlers, M&Ms, and more.  Oh gosh!  I'm glad my boyfriend is supportive and didn't get anything either!  I may not have been able to resist. 

Well I made it through the movies still following the cleanse!  :-)

But then came my son's Art Show at the local High School.  Everything was great there, the art was beautiful!   I was so proud of my son.  And then bam!  It hit me.... TEMPTATION!  I started noticing there were people walking around with snacks.  And then naturally so did my son, and who was I to deny my skinny, healthy son a snack.  After all, he was one of only a few Kindergarteners showcased.  So we got in line for the snack table.  And we waited.  And we waited.  The longer we waited the more I looked at the table.  Cookies, cake, brownies, fruits, veggies, soda, candy, crackers, and my favorite cheese!  I kid you not I wanted to grab a plate, fill it up, and find a quiet place to devourer it.  I guess that's what happens when you haven't eaten solid food in 6 days.  Thank goodness my parents came with me, I looked at my mom and said "can you do this?  This is too much for me."  And my mom came to the rescue!  Thank you mom dukes!

I thought once I was home for the night it would be a lot easier, boy was I wrong!  While watching Dance Moms, don't judge me, it seemed like every other commercial was about food.  I found myself wanting to eat anything, it didn't matter.  I had to turn the TV off eventually cause I was going to crack.  I spent the rest of the night avoiding the kitchen and the TV......  but I made it through!




The Statistics
Intake -  6 servings
Hunger -  None 
Cravings - Oh Boy!  Everything and anything.
Exercise -  None :-(  (Although technically they say you shouldn't exercise much while on the cleanse I still feel like I should've done something)
Weight-loss -  Down 1 lb. 
Bowel Movements - More of the same.  No change. 
Side Effects -  Rash behind ears, on chest, all over face and neck.  (From what I read this is due to toxins being released through the skin and it is pretty normal.)  I was able to cover the rashes with make-up but my skin feels bumpy and is itchy at times.   
Tongue Report - Tongue is still white 
Mistakes -  I had a couple of mints, a no-no during the cleanse, but I wanted to have fresh breath for my honey!
Goals -  Same goals as before but also workout at least 3 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment