Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 7 - 3/20/2013

I can't believe it's been a week!  Has it been easy? No.  Hard?  I don't know if I would call it that either.  All I know is if I can last a week only on lemonade..... so can you!!!

My cravings are heavy today.  Not really craving anything just solid food really.  Watching live TV is still torture due to all the commercials about food.  In fact just a few minutes ago I found myself wanting Red Lobster because of a commercial.  They are advertising Lobster Feast right now, and although I don't even like lobster I found myself drooling at the commercial.  And to make matters worse I'm not really a Red Lobster fan, but I was ready to get in the car and go.

Oh solid food....  how I miss you.


Enough about food though.  The cleanse is going well, minus the rash.  Yesterday I mentioned it briefly but I didn't really give you details.  And seeing that is why I created this blog to share my experience for those of you thinking about doing the cleanse or already doing the cleanse and are trying to see if their experience is normal, I am going to show you some a not so flattering pictures of my face and my rash.

Make-up covers it pretty well, but if you get really close it is still noticeable.  Other than being U-G-L-Y it is not to bothersome.  The most annoying part of this rash is the way it feels.  I hate touching my face or my ears right now and I avoid it all costs. 

But is it normal???  Well as soon as I realized I was developing a rash, which by the way I started noticing late in the day during day 5, I did some research.  According to my research it is pretty normal, it is supposed to be the toxins from your body being released from your skin. 

Here is a few things I found on Rashes during the Master Cleanse:
1.  "The rashes that might transpire in your body are normal effect as well as other side effects like weight loss. The condition is not alarming because it is the result of eliminating the toxins from your body. The rashes are the toxins that come out your body because of the detoxification process. You should not be alarmed by this."  Source: http://diet.weightlosssuccessnow.com/2010/10/master-cleanse-can-cause-rashes/ 
2.  "The Master Cleanse and other detox diets may give you bad breath, diarrhea, nausea, lethargy, itchy skin and acne, according to the Daily Record. These are supposed to be healthy signs, indicators that toxins are leaving your body. And, when your skin clears, it should stay clear"  Source: Livestrong
3.  I also found a forum where many people posted about having the rashes you can find it here : http://themastercleanse.com/forum/showthread.php?69-Is-a-skin-rash-a-possible-symptom
4.  And finally I have been using the different pages of this website as one of my go-to sources the link will take you directly to the page about side effects where it mentions that skin rashes are pretty normal.  TheMasterCleanse.org


So it turns out it's pretty normal!  Okay well now that I've settled that.... go away rash!!!!!


The Statistics
Intake -  6 servings
Hunger -  None 
Cravings - Lobster (and I don't even like lobster) dang commercials!  
Exercise -  None :-( 
Weight-loss -  No change.  Down 1 lb. since Day 5
Bowel Movements - More of the same.  No change. 
Side Effects -  Rash behind ears, on chest, all over face and neck
Tongue Report - Tongue is still white 
Mistakes -  None.  I was good today :-)
Goals -  No change in goals

No comments:

Post a Comment