Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!  I started this blog to chronicle my journey and share my experience as I complete the Master Cleanse.

First you should know a little bit about me...  I am a 31 year old single mother of a very active 5 year old and I have struggled with my weight since I was about 8 or 9.  I have never been "skinny" and I honestly don't think I will ever be.  In fact, the smallest I have ever been is a size 10 and I would love to get back there.  Oh and probably most importantly I am not a writer, in fact I hate to write.

So why the blog then, if I hate to write?  Well, throughout my journey so far (6 days in) I've been using other people's blog to see if my experiences match up with the norm.   I've found these blogs and other resources to be very helpful, but lacking in some areas.  So my goal is to be completely honest with my experiences.  I will share some not so pleasant facts about my experience in the effort to "keep it real" with you.  The only thing I am not willing to share, at this time, is my actual weight.

Why the Master Cleanse?  Well, honestly I have been feeling pretty bad the last couple of weeks about my weight and other things going on in my life.  And then my wonderful boyfriend made a very delicate comment about my weight and I realized I had gained more than I realized this winter.  It was time for a change!  I needed to do something to jump start my weight loss journey, but I was addicted to sugar and other goodies.  I needed to break my addiction and I had heard from a friend that it helped her break her sugar addiction a few years ago.  So I did some research and I decided to jump in!

Some Statistics -
Start Date of Master Cleanse: March 14, 2013
Starting Weight:  I don't know (I was scared of the scale at this point)

Some Important Notes -
1.   I use MyFitnessPal to keep track of my calorie intake and will be using screenshots from there occasionally.
2. I didn't do the ease into the cleanse.  I know that is a no-no, but I feared I would lose the will to do it. 
3.  The day before the cleanse, March 13th, I went to IHOP with the boyfriend and had a delicious meal.  I stuck to one of the fit meals that they have.  (See screen shot)
4.  I fasted March 11th and 12th, because of depression, I know not good!





Well here goes nothing.  I hope you enjoy the blog!  Feel free to comment, but negative or mean spirited comments will be deleted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment