Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 8 - 3/21/2013

It's been a day!  And I've come to the realization that I put other people in front of my own well being and wants.  Let me explain.  I agreed to do something for my boyfriend this morning, so that he could sleep after his 12 hour shift, which meant I couldn't do the salt water flush when I woke up.  I knew I'd be on the move and not near a bathroom, so I decided I would do it after.

I had to pick up something from a friend for my boyfriend.  No problem so far.  Except that changed when my friend asked me to go to McDonald's and pick him up a Caramel Frappe on my way to them.  C'mon man!  He knew i was doing the cleanse, in fact he had researched it a couple months ago and almost did it himself but decided not to because he didn't think he would be able to not eat for at least 10 days.  But instead of speaking up and saying no I did it!  I am happy to report I stayed strong even though caramel frappes are one of my favs!! :-)

One hurdle successfully jumped.

Now it was time to go home and do the salt water flush.  Slight problem my boyfriend was on the way, unexpectedly, and I know that I was going to be on and off the toilet for about an hour and a half.  Not exactly how I wanted to spend my time with him before he went back to work.  So I decided to hold off once again.  But by the time he left it was 4 o'clock I hadn't done the flush nor had I had any lemonades.  My stomach was growling at me so I opted for the lemonade.  I quickly downed 3 servings, and made 3 more serving after I picked my son up (slightly after 6 p.m.).  

I eventually did the salt water flush at 10:30... I had to wait until my stomach was empty. 

What have I learned today?  I need to speak up and stop doing things for other people that will derail me and my progress.  I needed to tell my friend no to the McDonald's.  I needed to woman up and do the flush even though the boyfriend was coming over.  I am more important than anything else and my health is most important.  Throughout my 31 years I have always worried about everyone else's wants and needs in front of mine, even people I didn't really care for, and it's time for a change!  It is time to put me first!  (Well, first after my little redhead!)

The Rash it's still here!  I had a minor burning sensation throughout the day today, but nothing too bad.  I'm ready to get my face, neck, ears, and chest back to normal.  Check out these pictures of my rash.








The Statistics
Intake -  6 servings
Hunger -  None to the point that I didn't even have my first lemonade until 4.  No bueno... I should have drank it much earlier! 
Cravings - McDonald's Breakfast Burrito.  Weird because 1. I hate McDonald's and 2. I've never had one before 
Weight-loss -  1 lb.  Down 2 lb. since Day 5 
Bowel Movements - More of the same.  No change. 
Side Effects -  Rash behind ears, on chest, all over face and neck 
Tongue Report - Tongue is still white 
Mistakes -  I didn't do my morning salt water flush. 
Goals -  No change in goals

No comments:

Post a Comment