Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Days 1 thu 5

If you've read my introduction you've probably realized I'm writing this on Day 6 of my cleanse, and probably won't post it until Day 7.  But I'm going to do my best to recap the first 5 days in as much detail as I can remember.

Intake - 6 servings of the lemonade daily.



 Hunger - Honestly, not much.  Most days I wasn't hungry at all until I was lying awake at night (I have sleeping issues)

Cravings - Some days they were pretty strong although, much to my surprise I'm not craving much sugar.  Biggest cravings:  sushi, brown rice, salad, and chicken breast.  Pretty healthy cravings :-)

Exercise -  Okay, okay the goal was to do some sort of exercise everyday.  Well, that hasn't happened yet.  But I did walk over 3 miles on the treadmill on Day 5. 

Weight-loss - Still scared of the scale!  I know it's sad.  But Day 5 I did brave the scale and I was mortified.  I  had gained more weight over the past few months than I thought.  Ughhh!  One good note is my winter coat is a lot looser and more comfortable.  :-)

Bowel Movements -  See I told you I would post everything, even the gross stuff!  The salt water flush every morning is going well, however I have had no solid bowel movements as of yet.  Everything is very watery and when I do produce substance it looks very mucusy, but i wouldn't call it solid by any means.  The laxative tea at night doesn't really do anything for me.

Side Effects -  None other being extremely tired days 2 and 3..... oh and the white tongue! 

Mistakes -  I was using Grade A Maple Syrup instead of Grade B.  Apparently that is a big no-no.  But I couldn't find the Grade B anywhere, then it dawned on me WHOLE FOODS.  And off I went on day 5 after my first 2 lemonades.  I've been using it every since.

Goals -  At the end of Day 5 I decided to change my goal from 10 days of the cleanse to cleansing up to 40 days depending on when my tongue turns pink again.  (From the research I've done it seems your tongue turns back pink when all the toxins are out of your body.)  I'm hoping my tongue turns pink on Day 11, but I bet that won't happen. 


Going Forward
As this blog goes forward I will post daily and give more background on the struggles and triumphs of the Master Cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment